Work Study Program (Karmis)
Hosh welcomes all to come and practice. If you have more time rather than financial resources, we are offering the opportunity to be part of the Hosh community and contribute. Below are some of the ways you can volunteer.
Front Desk/Admin work
- Welcoming students to the studio and signing them into the system
- Collecting contributions
- Assisting new students with registration
- Cleaning cups, filling water filters, sweeping the floor, tiding up the props and organizing the mats
Street Team and Promotion
- Flyering the hood, hitting up stores and chatting with your peeps
For Yoga teachers
Hosh Yoga is a donation-based non-profit organization dedicated to spreading the love of yoga regardless of income level or skill level. In the spirit of karma yoga, Hosh offers vinyasa-style yoga by talented teachers committed to the concept of selfless action. Hosh is always looking for fellow teachers to lend a helping hand and to learn in exchange. Some of the important points to take into account before contacting Hosh are.
- All of the teachers at Hosh are volunteer their time in the path of Karma yoga.
- We strongly encourage all of our regular instructors to teach at least two classes, schedule allowing, with absolute minimum of one class per week teaching and one class practicing to keep the involvement in the community.
- To be on a teacher sub list you should teach and practice at least twice per month, again for keeping yourself connected to your community.
- Hosh helps teachers to share their love of teaching while not overextending themselves (large community of teachers to help, less commute, flexible hours to allow making some green to pay the bills, etc).
Hosh is grassroots project through and through. It has been started, built and grown solely through volunteer efforts and limited funds of its founders and local community. We welcome you to become a part of this amazing project and help to make yoga accessible to everybody willing to try it.